cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Actions of incident - Is there a log?

christian_wegha
Advisor

Hello friends,

I have severals occuring incidents and alerting one email receipent works pretty fine, but appearently not when adding a second adress. Is there a log file or something where I can check this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

10 REPLIES 10

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Christian,

Did you analyze the server logs for the said situation?

Are these users belong to LDAP groups or you created manual users?

In the Email recipient box, enter the email address (one by one) to verify that your provided SMTP server settings work. Press Send verification email to test.

Have a look on the below links for the email notification and LDAP configurations:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/admin...

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/admin...

Regards,

Babar

christian_wegha
Advisor

I have not found any data in the logs about this problem. Can you mention which log shoulc be checked here?

About the "send the verification mail" is a good point, which I will test.

jannick_deturck
Organizer

I am using AppMon 7.0. I would like to add the email notification action to the

Application Process Unavailable (unexpected) dynatrace incident.

When I am using group[Incident Email Group], all the users belonging to this group are receiving this incident by mail.

But when I configure the action like this

where xxx = domainname, my client is using,

there is no email send to this mailbox.

I've already tested to send a verification email using cls.helpdesk@xxx.com and this is working fine.

Where can I see what my problem is or how can I solve this issue????

Thanks a lot

Jannick

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @Jannick De T.

Did you enable the 'Send notification upon Incident Rule violation' for the said incident?

Regards,

Babar

jannick_deturck
Organizer

yes I did 😞

This is strange 🙂

Hello @Jannick De T.

Just a brain storming to understand the situation.

You can use users and groups defined in AppMon as recipients as long as they have an email address assigned. If you use LDAP for user and group information, then the email address and group assignments from the LDAP repository are synchronized to the AppMon user repository and are used automatically.

Did you review the below link in case something is missing?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/administration/server-administration/services/email/

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Jannick De T.

One more thing to check whether you have an incident in the incident dashlet or not? If Yes then it was confirmed or still in progress.

Regards,

Babar

jannick_deturck
Organizer

I am using a functional mailbox cls.helpdesk@xxx.com as a recipient.

I would like to send the mail only when the incident is started.

Hello @Jannick De T.

As you said in the beginning that you are able to send/receive a verification email, therefore, I wanted to know whether the actual incident is triggered or not yet.

If it is triggered and you did not receive an email then you should check the incident dashlet for the confirmation.

Regards,

Babar