cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFE: Web Dashboard Map

derek_abing
Organizer

Not sure if this has been requested or not or maybe it's already on the road map, but it would be neat to be able to drill down from World > Continent > Country > etc. on the World Map Tile Type in Web Dashboards.

This is possible on the out-of-the-box World Map dashboard under the Business header, but this isn't the same as the World Map Tile Type on a user developed dashboard.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Derek,

this will be delivered with our 7+ update, coming end of August. This update will contain the following features:

• You'll be able to define a custom dashboard as default screen after login
  • All tiles that were on the "business header", like user analytics.... plus host & processes will be able to be put on a custom dashboard and will connect to the correct workflow, that was your remark.
  • System profile filters for tiles
  • calculation with measure values by using the "text and measures tile" in the web
  • PHP 7.1 & Node.js based on OneAgent
  • more

derek_abing
Organizer

Nice! Can't wait!

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Will there be documentation on these new features?

Hi Kyle,

yes, currently working on the release notes & doc. Will be up on https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/relea... when the update will be released.

Peter, I hadn't seen any changes to the release notes, just curious if this was still on track for end of August or might it be delayed for a few more weeks?

Hi Derek,

the release notes will show up as "Update 6" at https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/release-notes/

and it will ship Sept 4th

Best,

Peter

derek_abing
Organizer

Now that this is live this is great stuff. Just some additional feedback and possibly further enhancement requests if they haven't already been submitted.

* It doesn't look like you can drill down from World > Continent > Country > etc. on the World Map Tile Type in Web Dashboards. This only works on the out-of-the-box World Map dashboard.

* Can an enhancement be made to allow other people to edit a dashboard that someone else created? It looks like only the original creator can actually edit the dashboard even if all users have access to view it.

Hi Derek,

* It doesn't look like you can drill down from World > Continent > Country > etc. on the World Map Tile Type in Web Dashboards. This only works on the out-of-the-box World Map dashboard. --> I don't understand your requirement here. Would you like to show only a specific region on the dashboard? if yes, thats on our plan.

* Can an enhancement be made to allow other people to edit a dashboard that someone else created? It looks like only the original creator can actually edit the dashboard even if all users have access to view it. --> A permission "Manage all web dashboards" will come in 7.1 which will allow the users with that permission to manipulate every web dashboard. We built this especially for admins that need to see all dashboards, and change / delet them if they are no longer needed.

Hi Peter,

Yep, I want to filter it to a specific region. Thanks for confirming the permissions in 7.1.

I have another possible enhancement I was hoping to get your thoughts on as well. In the Fat Client, you can have multiple measures in a Traffic Light, and will display the status of any measure that has a warning/severe threshold that is violated. The Traffic Light in the Web Dashboards doesn't appear to do this though and it also shows a message that says "Maximim of 1 series exceeded".

FAT CLIENT

WEB CLIENT

Hi Derek,

thanks for confirming the worldmap requirement.

You're right about the traffic light tile, let me take that with me. Likely that we don't change the behavior since we would also add new capabilities in the tile detail view to show the measures and which one is violating the threshold as in the rich client. Let me get back to you.

A workaround that comes to my mind is that you could use the text and measures tile which automatically shows the values in green / red depending on the threshold and youcan use as many measures as you want:

Best

Peter

Thanks Peter let me know what you find out. The text and measures may work, but I think I'd rather just create traffic lights in the fat client instead. In my NOC, dashboards with lots of traffic lights just looks a lot better up on the wall.

Hi Derek,

we'll improve here. We'll at least show the state across all selected measures indicating which measure violates the threshold. What we can't do is the automatic split by app for example. Do you use that feature in your NOC?

Peter