cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Regarding dashboard alignment

praveena_patha1
Organizer

Hi Team,

I have builded a dashboard consisting of many dashlets as shown in the attachment. Now the problem is I wanted to remove the rounded off things from the screen(those are names given by me to the incident rules that are added in each dashlet). Also I wanted to add boarders in between each dashlet. Can you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Praveena

15 REPLIES 15

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Praveena,

There is no attachment 🙂

You can use the 'Text and Image' dashlet for the border purposes.

Regards,

Babar

doubt.png

please find the attachment. Aslo if I use Text and Image dashlet how can I add my incident rule?

Hello Praveena,

Right click on each dashlet and select the 'Dashlet Properties' then click on the 'Legend' tab and un-check the 'Show Legend'.

You can use the 'Text and Image' dashlet like the following in between dashlets.

Regards,

Babar

yes but in text and image dashlet can you please tell me how to add incident rule?

The T&I dashlet is separate and has no measures in it. Just put it beside, above, or below the incident dashlets to use it as a border.

I could not find legend tab in my dashlet properties. PFA screenshot @Babar Q. @Dave M.

capture.png

Hello Praveena,

The legend tab in not available for the 'Incident Chart' but for other you will have the same like below:

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar. But can I remove those incident rule names for this incident chart?

Hello Praveena,

Unfortunately this option is not available for the 'Incident Chart' and also could not find any workaround.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar.

Hi Praveena,

In each dashlet, ->dashlet properties -> legend -> remove the contents in that ->click on "ok" to remove the names given by you.

BR

Soorya Mohan

capture.pngThanks soorya. But I couldn't find the legend tab in my dashlet properties. PFA screenshot

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

As Babar mentioned, you can use the Text and Image dashlet with no header as a nice horizontal or vertical separator. Unfortunately, I believe the Incident Dashlet does not allow for removing of the Legend, which is always the incident name.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

As a workaround, if you add multiple incidents to a single incident chart and then right click and uncheck the "split" option the incident name will be removed since the chart applies to more than one. So if you create an incident that will never be in violation you can add it to each of your incident charts and remove the split with the result that the name will not display. It will only turn red for your 'real' incident if the second one will never be violated.

James

Thanks James.