cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Relationship between deployed sensor names and sensor packs

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I have a question regarding the "Deployed Sensors" view of the Agent Overview dashlet:

Is there a way I can use the information displayed in the column "Sensor" to understand which sensor pack has caused the sensor to be placed?

The reason I'm asking is because the mapping is not always obvious. For example it seems that in the case of a Java agent the sensor "Http" is placed by the "Java Web Requests" sensor pack.

For a custom Java method sensor the displayed name apparently follows the naming scheme "Java (<Sensor Group>)".

Is there perhaps a table where I can look up the relationship between built-in sensors names and sensor packs?

Thanks,
Enrico

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I don't see any options to view all of these at once, at least from the agents overview dashboard. The only thing I can think of that sounds like it may help is (if you have the appropriate permissions) you can go into the Server Settings and there is a Sensor Packs tab for each server - if you click edit on any of these sensor packs you can see what sensors they deploy.

James

Thanks, I'm aware of that possibility. However, it is not very convenient and I'm not sure it would always be possible to find the corresponding sensor (i.e. sensors defined using partial class/method name patterns or on whole packages).

Enrico

I think it would be a good Idea to have a column for the sensor pack or sensor group that is responsible for a deployed sensor as a column, even if it is somewhat "hidden" in something like debug mode.