cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Dynatrace Servers

rmg
Organizer

Hi AppMon Experts,

I am in the process of replacing existing Dynatrace Server and Collectors. The current server are physical Linux box. The new will one will very likely to be VM.

What are the issue I should anticipate other than transferring large amount of session files, configuration, cache files, etc? Will I need to apply a new license or the existing one should be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

-Ronald

2 REPLIES 2

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Ronald,

As per my understanding, if you are converting from P2V then the same license should work but if you are installing a new dynatrace server then simply deactivate the license on the current server (it will give you 72 hour grace period) and activate on the new server.

Regards,

Babar

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yep, the license is tied to the hardware so if the hardware will change you'll need to deactivate then activate it on the new hardware. Also note that if you have a UEM license be sure to deactivate those vouchers prior to deactivating the main license.

Also, just because it is not explicitly mentioned I wanted to make sure you're aware of the migration tool which is required to be used in migrations like this to ensure all necessary files are transferred. The session files still need to be either moved or reachable.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

James