cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Reporting on details of a system profile

Steven_Monroe
Inactive

Hi, my customer is interested in building a monthly auto-generated report based on details of the system profile.

They want to include details like how many new measures and how many new business transactions were created this month. Note that they would also be okay with just reporting totals too if that's easier (so how many measures and business transactions are there total, as opposed to new ones this month).

Another thing they want to do is leverage the the description field of their Business Transactions. They will place useful information in their BT descriptions so that they can include those details in the report as well.

So I have two questions:

1) does Dynatrace have any type of streamlined way to get this type of metadata? i.e. measure count, business transaction count

2) is it possible to acquire the description of a business transaction so that it can be passed to a report?

I know some of these details could be attained from the system profile XML file by parsing through it and counting entries and such. I'm hoping to find a streamlined option though, especially since this needs to be automated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Steve

I think there are two ways for this

#1: look at the audit log and count the "Added new measure ..." entries

#2: do an XML Diff between two revisions of a system profile

I would go with #2 as you could easily count the number of measures and BTs using XPath.

Andi