cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response time degraded for slow request

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

I am the beginner in Dynatrace. Can anyone please tell me which input for the alert "Response time degraded for slow request" will help me in analysing where is the issue actually exist. How to drill down to the Response time degraded for slow requests alert which is a built in incident alert in Dynatrace.

2 REPLIES 2

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Karthi,

The Incident Dashboard will tell you which transaction is the faulty one and also when the incident took place (the naming convention is <BusinessTransaction Name>[<splitting>] and in your case, splitting refers to the actual web request name). Right click and drill down to PurePaths from the incident. This will show you the PurePaths (transactions) which have triggered the incident.

In the PurePaths, start examining each individual PurePath by looking through the execution tree (lower half of the screen) - this should tell you which methods or calls took the longest to execute and were the largest contributors to response time. Additionally, your largest contributors are also shown in the chart in the top right corner of the screen - the bigger the bar, the more contribution.

Look for any methods that might be waiting for data, or missing parts of the purepath (i.e. components that have not responded and marked a potential timeout).

Finally, it is useful to add the column "Exec time [ms]" to the PurePath Execution Tree - this represents the exact execution time of that node (method), excluding sub-methods; it can be powerful when comparing with the "Elapsed Time [ms]". You can add this by right clicking on any of the column titles and choosing "more..." from that dialog box.

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,

Radu

Best regards,
Radu

Thank you Radu..will work on it.