cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap to Azure App Service monitoring for AppMon 6.5 and classic .net Windows Data Center Edition agent owners

serkan_apul
Newcomer

Hello

We have a dynatrace server that recently migrated to Azure. We can monitor web sites hosted on iis that works on the VM's also migrated to Azure. Everything is just fine.

Now i want to monitor an application which is hosted in the AppService (on microsoft azure)

I have reached this documantation and now i now that a must have an OneAgent agent and configure it.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-...

At this point what i want to know is

1) is My classic agent licence valid for this one agent SAAS monitoring

2) what am i supposed to start and what migrations do i need in order to monitor app service hosted modern application with my AppMon 6.5

thanks

Serkan

Dynatrace AppMon 6.5.38.1014 (standalone server hosted VM on Microsoft Azure)

Agent Version 6.5.0.1289

Agent Bootstrap Ver. 7.1.0.1803

3 REPLIES 3

OneAgent is available in Dynatrace. You have Appmon this are 2 different products. You can migrate your license from appmon to dynatrace but to make this process you have to contact with Dynatrace sell team or partner from your country.

It's not possible to monitor AppService with appmon even if you will upgrade your old 6.5 version to 7.2. This is because for SaaS environments like AWS lamba or AppService, dynatrace has placed oneagent there for you (result of partnership with those Amazon and Microsoft). But this OneAgent can't connect to appmon server.

Sebastian

serkan_apul
Newcomer

thanks for the answer. You've stated very well but this documantation is confusing me. Could you please help me to understant what this documantation for https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appli...

Ok my bad, according to this document it should be possible to use those oneagent instances with appmon. I think you will need to update your appmon to 7.2. This is because OneAgent (and Appmon agent which is based on it) is using REST for communication with collector. Classic agent (also available in 7.2, the only one available in 6.5) is using TCP for connection. So it may be not possible to connect such oneagent instance to your appmon server.

Sebastian