cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 2 dynatrace servers in one machine

rsubramanian
Guide

Can anyone please update in 6.5, how to run 2 dynatrace servers in single host, I did portset but still I see message dynatrace server running if I start the second server.

9 REPLIES 9

rsubramanian
Guide

The host is Linux server

pahofmann
Leader

The support for multiple Dynatrace Server Instances on one machine was removed with appmon 6.3.

rsubramanian
Guide

Yes I know we cannot run Server Instances, but we can run multiple servers in one host.

I see the following steps to be added (portoffset) to install dynatrace server in different directories in the same host.

AppMon 6.3 and later* In the proper AppMon installation directory run the following:dtserver -portoffset 100
dtfrontendserver -portoffset 100

Am I good to run from /<DT_Home>/dtserver -portoffset 100? I see messages in the screen and stops with the message

WARNING [EmailUtils] Could not find email address of user: 'admin'.

Can anyone help here.

rsubramanian
Guide

Added the below portoffset in dynatraceServer & dynatraceFrontendServer

DT_OPTARGS="-portoffset 2000"

But still if I start one server, other server not starting showing message "dynatrace server already running".

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I think you need to open a support case because what you are trying to do may be technically possible, it may also be unsupportable.

rsubramanian
Guide

Okay..Digging more, I suspect the following may be the cause. Someone can help here. Same watchdog port (Server: 50004 & frontendserver: 50005) used by both the servers although client communication port are different.That may be the cause throwing error Server Daemon already running if I start second server.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Ram,

Are you running two different versions of the DT server or the same version?

Are you running on Windows or Linux?

According to the latest documentation, we still support running two different AppMon versions on the same server:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

I did this a while back to run 6.3 and 5.5 on the same windows server and found it worked if I added the portoffset to the registry as follows:

o Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\dynaTrace
Server 6.3.

o In key "ImagePath" add "-portoffset 100".

o Find
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\dynaTrace Frontend Server

o In key "ImagePath" add "-portoffset 100".

HTH,

dave

Hello Dave,

I am running one version of 6.5 & 6.1 in same host which is in Linux server. I am upgrading 6.1 to 6.5 now but cannot start that upgraded 6.5 as I see message that "Already Server Daemon running". As I mentioned earlier, used portoffset to avoid port conflict. Set as below

DT_OPTARGS="-portoffset 2000" in dynatraceServer and dynatraceFrontendServer. But when started the second server, showing error already server daemon running.

I would check your server/conf/server.config.xml file. If the portoffset argument is processed correctly, every relevant port in that file should be incremented as needed. I would do a port offset of 100, also. I think "2000" might cause some collisions, and I know "100" works.