cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Running Dynatrace client 6.5 in RaspberriPI 3

erick_brambila
Contributor

Hello Dynatrace community,

I have been trying to run the Dynatrace client in a raspberriPi 3 to set up some dashboards in a big screen but I am not able to get it to work.

I understand, that the client will not run because of the processor and the bitness of the system but I tried the webstart client and that will not work either.

Has anyone get it get it to work or know of a work around?

Thanks,

Erick Z. Brambila

7 REPLIES 7

jonathan_triole
Inactive

Hi Erick,

I recommend creating some web dashboards which you will be able to display through a URL.

Kind Regards,

Jon

erick_brambila
Contributor

HI Jonathan,

We thought about it but we have 9 Dynatrace servers in total and we have dashboards that will display data from multiple servers to monitor the health of the servers in a single view and this is not possible in the web dashboards.

Another, use case is the functional health dashboard that does not exist in the web dashboards and we have not been able to replicate which several of our internal costumers use and they currently have to use a full machine to execute the client.

Regards,

Erick

Which browser do you use on RaspberryPi? If it is Firefox or Chrome there is an extension that can cycle throught tabs. Maybe it is a workaround for now.

Also would be the case of connecting to a full computer through (for example) VNC to show it on TV?!

jonathan_triole
Inactive

Hi Erick,

Since you have multiple servers you could set up your raspberrypi to run in a kiosk mode that will cycle through different URL's hitting each individual server.

I understand you might have some use cases that aren't possible but if you do choose to go this route you would benefit in upgrading to 7.0 which has much stronger web dashboard capabilities.

Kind Regards,

Jon

dominik_stadler
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Technically the installed Client and Webstart Client are the same, both require Java and quite some UI functionality on the system. What error do you get if you try to run the Client?

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Have you tried running the installed client on the raspberry? There is a JVM for arm so the client should generally work there.

ahmed_el_jafouf
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Erick. Raspbian comes with Oracle Java out-of-the-box which should work well for the AppMon client.

• What distro is running on your Raspberry Pi 3?
  • Which agent version and bitness did you test?
  • What error messages do you get if any?