Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIZING Mismatch after UPGRDAE to 7.0

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hi All,

I have migrated my Dynatrace from 6.3 to 7.0

1. I am having 40 agents connected .So need to choose MEDIUM SIZING but the option was not enabled because the physical core CPU is only 4 which needs to be 8 ,to choose MEDIUM.
I have chose SMALL and completed the upgrade.
What would be the impact.

Everything is fine after upgrade except some purepath data missing before 22nd Novembver.
Is there any relation between SIZING and purepath data lost.

5 REPLIES 5

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Karthikayani,

The sizing is not only related to number of agents but also the number of transactions per second (e.g. small environment with 10 agents | 300 transactions/sec and the medium environment with 250 agents | 1,500 transactions/sec are recommended) but in the small or medium environments one of the agent can have more then expected transactions per second. It would be better if you can increase the CPU cores (No virtual cores (Hyper-Threading), for Medium and higher, a clock speed of 2.6 GHz or higher is required) as per recommendation even though you are not facing any noticeable situation with the AppMon server.

Note:

• To improve performance, AppMon always uses the maximum available CPU and memory resources.
  • If you have more CPU cores or memory than required for the selected size, then AppMon uses them as well.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thank you for the comment.

I will increase physical CPU cores.

As you said in NOTE, Hope Dynatrace will use maximum other resiurces available though it is selected for SMALL sizing.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hi @babarq,

I have gone through deployment sizing ,a bit complicated to enter the input values.

I am attaching the CPU usage screenshot for 72 hours from server health in deployment health dashlet ,in which it is not crossing even beyond 20 % of the actual CPU ?(right now having 4 cores).

In this case,is it very explicit that we can run with the 4 CPU cores itself.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayani,

Yes I can see that even there is no spike for the last 72 hours.

What is the utilization of CPU for DT_Server and DT_Server_Frontend?

Regards,

Babar

Hi @babarq,

Front end server CPU utilization I have attached.

Is not the correct one for DT_server CPU utilization which I have attached previously.

If it is something else, how to get the one.

Got this from Dynatrace server itself.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M