This is my first post here !
I've been using AppMon (7.1) for a few months and I'm now exploring its integration with Selenium tests.
I've followed the steps in UI Driven Browser Test and created a simple test with the new Selenium IDE. I then play back the test. I See the session in Dynatrace, fine (so agent is injected correctly). In the user action purepaths of my test I also see metadata captured :
But the Test Results dashlet remains completely empty...
any idea what I could be doing wrong/missing ?
a couple of things to check:
Hope this helps,
Hello Sonja & thanks for the quick feedback !
but still nothing 😞
agree, a few days waiting should be enough 😉
I think I see the problem now. The test run id should be an ID generated by AppMon. It is used to pass to meta data about the test (e.g. version, ...). The test run needs to be registred (through API, or using maven, ant, ...) to the AppMon server and you then get back the test run id to add in your script.
You have two options:
You might find this tutorial useful, it shows the difference between the two options: https://github.com/Dynatrace/Dynatrace-AppMon-Test-Automation-Samples/tree/master/selenium
Details about the API call to register the testrun: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/continuous-delivery-test-automation/automation-and-integration/rest-interfaces-for-test-automation/
Thanks again for your time.
I did try without a test run ID ... but no luck !
But I also tried to generate a test run Id directly through the swagger rest API test running on http://XXX:8021/api-docs/current/index.html#!/Test_Automation/postTestRun...
(hoping to put that runid manually in my test case for now)
and there I'm getting an error
"message": "ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent
for segment in tablespace DYNATRACE_DATA\n"
So I believe there's something wrong with our Dynatrace installation...
I sent the details to our team in charge of the DT environment...