cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor not placed on Java Native method

katarzyna_kepk1
Newcomer

I've added Sensor and did hot sensor placement however it is not working.

Can you please help?

Dynatrace: 6.5.33

Java: 1.8.0_144

1. Placing Sensor on native method

2. Sensor placement on Application servers

3. No success

9 REPLIES 9

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Katarzyna,

Let's first verify that the agent is aware that sensor needs to be active.

Go to Agents Overview, select the agent that should have that rule on, and on the bottom side, swtich to the tab "Deployed Sensors" - can you find the method there?

Best regards,

Radu

Unfortunately it's not aware of the sensor.

Then this explains why you're not seeing any results. This might mean that there is an issue with the hot sensor placement and you might have to manually restart the processes for the rule to be applied successfully.

I already performed the application restart however it didn't help.

kasey_castanier
Contributor

Hi Katarzyna,

Unfortunately I do not believe Dynatrace AppMon is able to instrument Java Native methods because they are not really "Java" code. Their implementations are actually written in a non-Java language like C, C++ or Assembly. Because of this, there isn't really "Java" code to instrument.

I hope this helps!

- Kasey C.

Hello Katar, I hope you are trying to figure out why the looking up the an IP address taking up so long, then probably the more appropriate way is to gather some insight from the network team and manually running traceroute etc. commands. May be see this also.

Regards, Rajesh

katarzyna_kepk1
Newcomer

Hi! @Andreas G. , @Radu S.

Can you please confirm that instrumenting native method is not possible?

Hi Katarzyna,

My apologies, I didn't notice this is a native method. As far as I know AppMon 7 does not allow placing sensors on native methods.

Best regards,

Radu

As I mentioned, I am using AppMon 6.5.33