cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server is out of the ring and no dynatrace service being running but still agent active in client

sponnada2
Organizer

hi All,

Because of some issue, pulled the server out of the ring but we verified that agent is active in client even dynatarce service is not running on it.

Can anyone tell me what constraints i need to check to make it inactive?

Thanks

Shyamala

8 REPLIES 8

You see agent on Agents Overview without working process? Isn’t it jest Web server agent or something like that?

Sebastian

yes exactly still i see agent in agents overview.its just .net agent

.net, not IIS? If it is IIS you have to stop master agent from Services. If it is .net agent it don’t need master agent because it is communicating directly with collector. In such situation .net agent will be visible as long as process is on and on Dynatrace Agent Configured tool it is instrumented.

Sebastian

sponnada2
Organizer

So do we have any option to make this .net agent disable for sometime? Meantime application team will do their investigation on the issue.They would like to make it invisible for some period of time?

is only option to make it disable is to uninstall the dynatrace agent?

We are making this by network rule. Traffic is cut out and there is no need for changes on host

sponnada2
Organizer

Can you please elaborate a bit on how to avoid traffic by creating network rule?I guess this network rule has to be created by application/network team

If you want cut off network traffic, network team should disable communication between agent and collector on ports that are used by you (default are 8043 and 9998) . Where such communication is blocked, agent will be disconnected from Appmon server. After disabling such rule, when connection will be established again, there may be need for restarting monitored process again for restoring instrumentation.

Sebastian