cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Sharing web dashboards using multiple user accounts

Kodai_Ishikawa
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi,

Currently at my client, we heavily utilize the option of sharing web dashboards by adding credentials to the end of the URL. To control the access of the 'public' users, we have multiple users with permissions to a single System Profile only.

Ex. User 1 has permission to System Profile 1 only, User 2 has permission to System Profile 2 only, etc.

We recently encountered an issue when a recipient received two dashboard links with two different user permissions. If we used the example above, we provided URL to Dashboard1-User1(AccesstoSystemProfile1) and a URL to Dashboard2-User2(AccesstoSystemProfile2). In this case, the second dashboard will not show any data since the User1 credentials are still remembered even when User2 credentials are in the URL.

I hope that wasn't too confusing! Any workarounds with this issue? We would like to be able to share the URLs without having to worry about the user starting a new browser session.

Thanks!

Kodai

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kodai,

currently there is no workaround, other than opening the dashboard in an incognito tab. However, with 7.0, your client will be able to share the dashboard with fixed SP and App, so this problem will be gone. I guess this is needed because of restricting visibility to 1 SP and App for a certain dashboard?

Best,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, that is correct, we are trying to restrict the visibility of the System Profiles and Apps. That's great that this feature will be available in 7.0. 🙂

Thanks,

Kodai