cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Should the Counts from the Web services dashlet and the BT Web service by method be the same?

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I am seeing a difference in my total counts between what the Web Services Dashlet is reporting for web services and the total counts that are reporting for the built in Web Service by Method Business transaction. All things being equal and no configuration changes in either, shouldnt these numbers report the exact same? Thanks.

Nathan

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The Web Service DAshlet will tell you how many web service calls are seen on the PurePaths. You could have more than one Web Service Call per PurePath

The BT will answer you: on how many PurePaths have you seen that Web Service Call. So - if the same Web Service is called more than once for a single PurePath you would still see that the PurePath Count == 1. That is true for the "Count" result of the BT. If you want to count the number of Web SErvice invocations you can then use the Web Service Count MEasure as an additional Result Measure to really get the number of Web Service Invocations

Hope this makes sense

Andi

Thanks for this Answer Andi,

I do understand your explanation here, and when i did further investigation of these purepaths i did notice some purepaths that had multiple invocations of the same web service, but only on the BT counting as one, just as you mentioned. This is a important distinction and a great tip moving forward. Thanks