cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Show which one trigger Incident in e-mail

arron_hsu
Newcomer

Hello everyone,

As attachments 「measure_DB_time.png」setting, we don't have specific which [url/ sql statement/ connection pool] is, but user want have detail information when received incident e-mail.

They wish the message in mail like 「SQL Statement "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" Excution Time is 2000ms and over Upper Threshold Setting 1000ms」

They had non-stop compare this with CA-PIM and said why Dynatrace can not show which url attended upper serve threshold in incident mail.

And I kept explaned that Dynatrace is strength in total transaction recorded, we wish user can drill down form incident in Dynatrcae Client when received mail. We should resolve the problem but not just know where problem is.

But user not accept, they just repeat CA can but Dyantrace can't. Can you help me, please?

Many Thanks.

Arron

5 REPLIES 5

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Arron, I'm viewing this on a mobile so cant test anything but have you seen the extended email plugin?

Hi~~~~~ Adam,

The plug-in can not show this kind information.

But thank U anyway.

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Arron,

As Adam says, the extended e-mail plugin would allow you to include more data in your emails, with many variables about the alert that can be passed into the e-mail, such as the agent that triggered the alert, among many others.

DB Time is a measure for all SQL statements, not split by individual statement which would cause a huge amount of measures (As you pointed out, Dynatrace is always on, where I believe CA is a sampling). However, some alternatives would be to create a measure for individual SQL statements, if the user can provide you with individual statements they wish to monitor. Once created, you could create charts and alerts based off of those measures.

Alternatively, you could create a Business Transaction that has a filter of the DB Time with the severe threshold over 1000 ms, which would allow you to collect all purepaths (or visits) which had a SQL call go over 1000 ms. You could even add web request response time and split by web request URL in such a business transaction, making it easily organized and readable in the client.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks.

-Cody

Hi Cody~

Split by web request exactly is what I want,

There are not more than 50000 URLs in user's application, I hope.

謝謝~

Arron

Hi Arron,

If you haven't already configured it, when you edit a business transaction, there is a "Splitting Options" section, which allows you to control how splittings are limited. If you are concerned about the number of splittings , you can limit the business transaction to "X" most frequent URLs or a set amount of URLs where "X" is a number that you define.

Also, App Mon has built in some safeguards to prevent excessive measures filling up the database. Here are some links with more information.

Splitting Options:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Preventing Excessive Split Results:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

-Cody