cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Host monitoring question

rravindran
Inactive

I have 5 servers under an agent group. I need to create an Incident only for one of the servers in the group , for a high CPU condition. I am not worried about the other 4 at all. How to do that ? Looks a simple scenario, but somehow I am missing something

5 REPLIES 5

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Rejith,

I guess this is not possible under the 'Host Performance' measure because it is for the system profile / all agent groups.

If we take the 'Server Side Performance' measure then we can select the specific 'Agent Group' but even though it will not be the same you are looking for.

Regards,

Babar

D_Miller
Helper

Hi,

You can specify separate Host thresholds under the main Settings section. In there is 'Infrastructure' settings. This is where all Hosts are listed regardless of system profile. By default all Hosts have thresholds set against the Default HostGroup.

Un-tick the 'Use Thresholds of the Selected HostGroup....' and then you'll be able to specify thresholds just for that particular Host.

Regards

DM

rravindran
Inactive

@Darren M. So your advise is to have manual thresholds for the servers of interest and get that monitored by default incident rule "Host CPU Unhealthy" ??? Our plan was to disable all these defult Incident rules !!

james_kitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If you would like to continue using custom incident rules and only alerting on a specific host consider using the extended email action plugin instead of the out of the box email action. This one allows you to do a lot more filtering on the emails and you can specify which host you want to receive the alert on.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

James

rravindran
Inactive

Thanks @James K. But we are using the ServiceNow plug-in