cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

SiteCore application stops responding when we activate .Net agent on the server

This problem is related to SiteCore application where application does not respond when we activate .net agent on that.

There is not any related error message in either agent log files or application log file.

Can you please advise any troubleshooting step to resolve this issue?
13 REPLIES 13

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Does the agent correctly connect to the Collector and Server? Could it simply be a startup timing issue?

Hi Andreas,

Yes agent is connected to the collector and server, as I can see in the logs.

I did try changing the timing as well of the IIS startup service, however this issue still exists as I am getting the error as attached .. neterror.txt

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Sorry for the late response. Has anything changed since your last posting?

Hi Andreas ,

I am still getting the same issue.

Dynatrace support is looking into this.

Thanks,

any response from support?

paulseward
Inactive

Andreas,

Did you get an answer to this? We are using sitecore and have seen lots of suspension time, the problem I have is that without Dynatrace I cannot see the suspension time (also perfmon shows very low % Time in GC, since removign the agent).

Paul

brian_wilson
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Paul,
Support has provided instructions for adding a support archive. In case you don't have access to the support site, here is the reply
Please attach a support archive including the agent logs as explained on the page.https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT63/System+InformationPlease note that it is important not to just send logs in a support archive. Configuration Information/Dashboards/Self-Monitoring Session files are also collected and are extremely valuable to speed up the investigation of your reported issue. As this is a agent level issue it is also important to include those logs. Note that we only need logs from the agents (and collectors they are connected to) that are affected by your reported issue.

Please export a session for the relevant timeframe. You can do so by right-clicking the system profile and choosing “Session Storage -> Export Session”. This allows us to see your issue with “real data” and will speed up the resolution of your issue.

We were able to resolve this issue with the help of SiteCore consultant , who actually reviewed each config file in SiteCore and found the problematic one.

Thank you, we are getting Sitecore to review.

brian_wilson
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Baljeet,
Would it be possible to share what the config issue was in case others should chance upon the same issue?

Hi Brian,

There were two customized malformed xml's under App_Config/Include which were causing the problem.

Thanks,

E:\websites\hbf.sitecore\App_Config\Include

brian_wilson
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Thanks for sharing Baljeet