cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Incidents are not being triggered

matthew_crocket
Newcomer

We have created an Incident that triggers when a specific Web Request Response Time measure registers over 5000ms. It has triggered 3 times in the past week since we've implmented it, but by looking at raw PurePath data over that period, it should have triggered as many as 71 times. I am unable to see a pattern or reason for this difference.

Update: I have discovered that many (not all) of the PurePaths that don't seem to be triggering Incidents are being recorded as "Unable to determine PurePath success because of the following reasons: Events are missing on this PurePath." So, even though I have recorded Response Time values, could this be related?

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hell Matt,

First of all check whether smart alerting is enabled for the incident or not.

• Smart Alerting: Sends email just once if multiple incidents occur, until the raised incident is confirmed by a user. Otherwise notification goes out for each incident.

Regards,

Babar

I have confirmed, smart alerting is not turned on. We are simply not seeing the incidents being created. However, I have discovered that many (not all) of the PurePaths that don't seem to be triggering Incidents are being recorded as "Unable to determine PurePath success because of the following reasons: Events are missing on this PurePath."

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Also be aware that the aggregation and timeframe you use will affect how many incidents you see. It is not a 'per violation' incident but rather if you for instance were to have 20 such violations occur very near to each other odds are they could all be grouped under once incident not 20 individual ones.

If you post your incident configuration coupled with a higher resolution chart of your measures that should help to explain what you are seeing.

James