cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split The Splitting Result of Bussiness Transaction in chart/table

john_j
Inactive

Hi ,

I created a business transaction to get the list of failed users in application.The splittings are in format IP;Country;City;UserId.I am getting the result as XX.XXX.XXX.XX;USA;Chicago;123546.Now i want IP,country,city,user id in separate columns in tables/chart.Is there any easy way to do this? .Please help me on this.

Regards,

John

9 REPLIES 9

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Can you provide a screenshot of what it looks like currently? I'm not sure exactly what you're seeing.

bt.png

Please Check.

These are pulled from a custom sensor correct?

It is got from custom measure.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Since it looks like these are pulled from a sensor, AppMon is going to look at this as one string. So I think the best option you have is instead of having one measure getting all of it, create a new measure off of that sensor for each of the sections and in each measure use a regular expression to only extract the piece that is relevant for that measure.

So for City you would have a measure named something like "City Measure" and regex pulling the value between the second and third semicolon. The measure you can use for this is Methods - Argument Value, it supports transformation regex.

EDIT: I'm always interested in regex, here is what it might look like for the case of City in my example above (capturing third piece):

^[^;]*;[^;]*;([^;]*);[^;]*

James

john_j
Inactive

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply,can you please tell me where to add the regex expression?.If i add it,where i will be getting the split value,in my case city?.Based on this business transaction,i am going to create an incident(extended mail) to show the split values can you please help me on this as well?

Regards,

John

edit-bt.png

You'll add it as in the following image, what this should do is store that value as a new measure (i.e for the city) and will only be looking at that specified piece of the argument you are capturing with your sensor. If you add this measure as a splitting it will create a new splitting for each value that is in the city field. For whatever measure you define as the condition for your incident, each splitting will be evaluated an if any is in violation the splitting will be included in the email.

So a response time violation for the Chicago splitting would specify that the Chicago splitting is the one with the violation.

Hi James,

I dont think the above method will work because,City is based on Visits and not based on any method,User ID and other splits are parameter values.Can you please tell me how business transaction will be mapped to the newly created measures?.

Regards,

John

Also you seem to have a number of splittings in there, this is fine if you don't plan on storing in the PW but for incidents I believe they have to be stored in the PW in order for them to work, so you may want to define separate BTs for those important ones.