We've reached the limit of splittings in a built-in BT (Web Page Requests). This BT is critical since baselines are needed here. How can I set the BT to start storing results in the PWH again?
->Results must be stored in the PWH, so unchecking this is not an option<-
The steps done so far are:
1. Removed old auto-detected applications that were there for a while and were useless.
2. Change the BT restrictions to "Aggregate to common URI patterns" -> 5%
3. Reset some application's splittings
What can we do to a) Get rid of the Alert Message in the application, and b) Start storing results in the PWH again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello @Babar Q., and thanks for the answer: Unfortunately, in this case the solutions offered in the post are not valid. Here's why...
-Suppress Storage of Results in the Performance Warehouse: Since this is a built-in BT and used for charting baselines in the Application Overview, this solution is not valid here.
-Change Splitting Options
- Reconfigure the Business Transaction: Again, this is a built-in BT, so changing it is not recommended, and adding splitting options isn't either 🙂
- Apply a splitting restriction: We actually did this. We set the splitting to "Aggregate to common URI patterns" -> 5%. But this is just for future prevention, does not solve the issue, since PWH is still full.
My solution, and it worked, was:
1. Get rid of old auto-detected applications and reset its splittings.
2. Right click on the BT > Remove measures.
This will delete ALL MEASURES created within this BT from the PWH, getting rid of the alert and start baselining again. Older data will be removed, so it is recommended to give it a thought before actually do this.