cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step to install Extended Email Action Plugin ?

laxmi_prakash
Newcomer

Dear All,

As per client requirement, they wanted the Incident Alerts to be in a presentable view | So i just searched and i got com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport_0.10.13 Jar file.

But Unable to configure for the same.

I'm the only person to handle the entire project please help me out.

8 REPLIES 8

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Laxmi,

• First download the .jar file.
  • Install Plugin from the Client --> Settings --> dynatrtrace server --> Plugins --> Install Plugin and provide the path of download .jar file.
  • Find the following screenshots for further settings/configurations.

Once you configured accordingly then you can use for the incidents.

Regards,

Babar

laxmi_prakash
Newcomer

Hi Babar,

Thanks for a quick update but i already executed steps but still no mails where alerted to me.

I am just sharing the Log Error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Error Log --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Extension for com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action not found.
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.discovery.Discovery.loadClass(SourceFile:1236)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.ruleeditor.IncidentRuleEditDialog.isAgentBasedActionRole(IncidentRuleEditDialog.java:887)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.ruleeditor.IncidentRuleEditDialog.hasAgentBasedActions(IncidentRuleEditDialog.java:856)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.ruleeditor.IncidentRuleEditDialog.access$1000(IncidentRuleEditDialog.java:141)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.ruleeditor.IncidentRuleEditDialog$CondiditionTableItemManager.addItem(IncidentRuleEditDialog.java:726)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.ruleeditor.AddEditRemoveTableItemManager$1.run(AddEditRemoveTableItemManager.java:36)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ui.actions.AbstractButtonBarAction$1.widgetSelected(SourceFile:58)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:240)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ui.dialogs.ConfigurationDialog.open(SourceFile:252)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.ruleeditor.IncidentRuleEditDialog.openModifyGenerateRule(IncidentRuleEditDialog.java:1553)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.ruleeditor.IncidentRuleEditDialog.openModifyRule(IncidentRuleEditDialog.java:1512)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.IncidentsConfigurationComponent.editRule(IncidentsConfigurationComponent.java:178)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.IncidentsConfigurationComponent.access$1400(IncidentsConfigurationComponent.java:77)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.IncidentsConfigurationComponent$IncidentRuleEditAction.run(IncidentsConfigurationComponent.java:555)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ui.actions.AbstractButtonBarAction$1.widgetSelected(SourceFile:58)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:240)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ui.dialogs.ConfigurationDialog.open(SourceFile:252)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.SystemProfilePreferencesDialog.openContent(SystemProfilePreferencesDialog.java:1629)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.EditSystemProfilePreferencesAction.editSystemProfilePreferences(EditSystemProfilePreferencesAction.java:839)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.EditSystemProfilePreferencesAction$5.handleReturnValueInUI(EditSystemProfilePreferencesAction.java:411)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.domain.configuration.application.EditSystemProfilePreferencesAction$5.handleReturnValueInUI(EditSystemProfilePreferencesAction.java:356)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.communication.UiSynchedCallListener$1.run(UiSynchedCallListener.java:33)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4140)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3757)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.client.Client.start(Client.java:761)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

With Regards,

Laxmi P

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Laxmi,

Did you configure services for the email from the Client > Settings > dynatrace Server > Services?

Did you also configure the same plugin settings from my last screenshots?

Regards,

Babar

laxmi_prakash
Newcomer

Hi Babar,

Yes, I had already configured service for email.

The configurations are working for "Email Notification Template" which is by default given by Dynatrace.

But, For custom mail alerts its not working.

Please give a complete snippet of Steps. (using Problem Step Recorder just open Run prompt > psr). Kindly provide me the complete snippet will get recorded and you can send those xhtml zip file)

Please help me out, deadline is so close.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Laxmi,

Can you send me the screenshots of configured Plugin?

Is it possible to send me the remote assistance request or any other medium, so I can check by meself?

Regards,

Babar

laxmi_prakash
Newcomer

Hi Babar,

Thanks for so quick update, But here in Toyota Client - It's not possible to provide you remote assistant.

Incident Alerts are getting raised in my incident dashlet (-_-)

Current problem : Incident triggers but no mail received.

Please find the below snapshot of Service>Email (SMTP Config.) and Incident Alerts.

smtp-email-config.png

incident-mail-alerts.png

Regards,

Laxmi P

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Laxmi,

In your SMTP screenshot 'Password' row is without password. Did you purposely removed before taking the screenshot?

Did you verify the email address for the 'Default From'?

If above both options are correct then uncheck the smart alerting from the Actions Tab.

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Need your help in Setting up Extended email plugin. Right now we have OOTB email notification which need to be changed as per users requirement.

There requirement is, in Body where it shows For e.g. "Informational Incident Started:" or "Informational Incident Ended:"....here user wants to show based on Threshold value which is set like for Warning and Severe. So i am trying to find out if Extended email plugin can do this customization.

My concern is what needs to be defined for getting these value in BodyHeader and Body. I have checked the documentation but as i am not that much expert in Scripting so need your help.