cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Stop incidents during maintenance hours

anil_perera2
Helper

Some of our windows agents get rebooted at midnight everyday. Is there a way to stop the alerts being generated during that period?

11 REPLIES 11

miguel_martinez
Advisor

Hello Anil,

You most certainly can. The way to avoid alerts from being triggered is by creating an "Incident Downtime". In the Incidents dashlet click the icon on the top right to open the downtimes pane as shown below:

Right-click on the Downtimes pane and select the option to "Create Downtime", select System Profiles you wish to target, select a schedule for when the downtime will take place (in case it's recurring select the corresponding option in the recurrence section), and voilà. Any incidents triggered during the downtime window will be suppressed.

Hope this helps!

Miguel

Hi ,

Do we have an option to disable the downtime in dynatrace ?

Yes, from the below table you can disable the Downtime by right clicking on that same schedule.

@Taneshaa T But i dont see an option to disable in dynatrace 6.5 client.

Hello Suganya,

You can only delete the downtime but there is no option to disable the downtime once or for a specific time.

Regards,

Babar

TanyaT
Newcomer

We are on AppMon 7.0 and the right click, delete of a scheduled downtime did not remove it or change its status. At this point, the 'deleted' downtime cannot be edited and it still shows 'scheduled'. The question is whether it will still run at its scheduled time or did it simply not clear out when deleted. I'm leaning toward the latter because the schedule cannot be changed. I changed the schedule of another downtime without any problems.

Hello @Tanya T.

Which AppMon version do you have?

Because I checked on the release 7.0.13 that the scheduled downtime can be deleted.

Regards,

Babar

TanyaT
Newcomer

We are running AppMon 7.0.14. The delete option is available with right-click but doesn't remove the scheduled downtime when selected.

Hello @Tanya T.

If this is the case then you can raise this issue with the support because for me the schedule time is deleting without any situaion.

Regards

Babar

Hi Babar,

Is there any way to filter the agents/agent groups separately from the entire system profiles(which mapped with multiple agent groups) during maintanance window?

Regards,

Praveenkumar

Could you please advise on the above request?

Regards,

Praveenkumar