cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Storing (Backup) visits on daily basis with purepath details

aravindhan_v
Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone please help me to address my client query that Is that possible to store the Visits and its purepaths on daily basis (Even to the external server directory).

We are using dynatrace 6.1 version.

Regards,

Aravindhan Vellaichamy

16 REPLIES 16

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Aravindhan,

The PurePaths data stores in the Session Storage and the storage data duration also depends on the size of the Session Storage disk size and the size of PurePaths, therefore, I guess the possible solution could be take the backup (export the session storage as an external drive) on the daily basis.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Main objective of this question is, we have to looking to store the visits and related purepaths as dts session. So that , based on the user request we could provide our analysis on the visits or some user inputs from the history data.

Thanks,

Aravindhan.V

Hello Aravindhan,

I understood your concerns. Just get a one day exported session and then you can estimate the required external storage do you need and multiply with the required days and also add the 20% extra space as a buffer zone.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Yes i can able to back up the session files but the restriction for me is, (i) Am able to backup based on the data in the dtsf format which i couldn't open with the help of client. (ii) Files inside the folder was separated like visits purepath separately.

Can you please advice me on this.

Thanks,

Aravindhan.V

Dear Aravindhan,

First of all export the session storage with the highlighted content.

To access the exported session

• Open the Client
  • Click on the Tools and then select the import sessions.

You can import whether offline or inside your DynaTrace Server.

Regards,

Babar

Dear Babar,

Thanks for the valid inputs. Is there any way to automate to take the session storage. Since we are looking to reduce the manual work on this. I am looking for tasks and schedules for taking the session dump.

Thanks,

Aravindhan.V

Dear Aravindhan,

Yes. You can schedule the session storage task.

Just open the Task/Monitor dashboard from the Cockpits then right click on anywhere and choose create then select your specific system profile and type as a task.

From the next screen select the session recording and here we go.

Now you can schedule as per your need. I hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Could you please take a look on this. we have only the live session recording, do we need to deploy any specific plugin for the session dump.

Session recording task will be recording the live session not the session dump.

Thanks,
Aravindhan.V

Dear Aravindhan,

The name live session means the the session storage has a live data and the other name we can say the PurePaths data.

You can schedule the task with the highlighted points in the below screenshot because you will have a live session data for the past 24 hours in case you are looking for the daily exported sessions.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please help me to understand and fix this issue.Am getting failed while try to run the same for 10 minutes and am getting the error trace in server logs.

Thanks,
Aravindhan.V

Dear Aravindhan,

How are you running the task?

Is this manual or automatic?

I can see in your logs that manual task has been failed.

Can you send me the details, espcially how did you confiugre the scheduled task?

Regards,

Babar

Dear Babar,

I have created this task to run by schedule only. where you can see that in the Snapshot "Every 10 Minutes" default schedule.

Thanks,
Aravindhan.V

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear Aravindhan,

Applogize for the delay. Let me understand the situation then I reply you accordingly.

Regards,

Babar

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear Aravindhan,

Below is the caution !!!

A session recording task will not succeed if Continuous Transaction Storage is enabled (Settings > dynaTrace Server > Storage).

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Just check if your continues transaction storage is enabled.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks for your valid inputs Babar,

Will disable of this txn storage will affect the data storing in the session?

Regards,

Aravindhan Vellaichamy

Hello Aravindhan,

No it will not affect because the purpose of continues transaction storage is that Live data which initially stores in the RAM will be directly written in the Session Storage so in case o dynatrace server restart the data will not be lost.

Regards,

Babar