cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Spike in Purepath Node count

ravi_kumar11
Mentor

Hello Everyone,

I could see sudden spike in Purepath node count of my application, how can I minimize this count. Does having this much spike might cause any issues with Application Server. How is this Node count getting calculated.

Thanks,

Ravi

6 REPLIES 6

ravi_kumar11
Mentor

Could see, because of overhead Purepath node count - Purepath success is not able to determine.

Is this because of the overhead instrumentation..? if it is how can I fix this.

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @Ravi Kumar D.

The PurePath was truncated because the number of nodes exceeded the maximum allowed nodes (default 10000). Either reduce the instrumentation to get shorter PurePaths or increase the number of maximum allowed nodes (not recommended).

Review the below link for more insight about the PurePath states.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appli...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your reply, I have gone through the link once before I posting this question as I didn't find much help on the Node. How the count gets calculated, like execution of the each method will be counted as 1 Node note sure.

Also I have compared my app overall Purepath response time has been reduced post implementation of the Application custom sensors inversely effected by surging the Node count.

Thanks

Ravi

Hello Ravi,

Basically PurePaths tree called as nodes. It is recommend that average purepaths node should not be more than 200-250.

Regards,

Babar

Yes, Babar.. I have found the issue is with the custom sensor of entire package impacting my AppMon frontend server memory directly, so removed that and could see the plunge in the memory usage as well pure paths are completed. I have to verify my purepath response time also, how it got impacted by the sensor placement.

Regards,

Ravi

Hello Ravi,

Always be cautious before creating any custom sensor because it can create an huge impact on the application performance.

Regards,

Babar