Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Webmethods 9.7

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

A customer (large bank) is upgrading their ESB which is running on Webmethods to 9.7.

Currently they have CA Wily and they are planning to replace it with DTAM in the scope of the upgrade project.

In the release notes it states that we support 9.5 in AM 6.2. Do we have any information on 9.7?

Thanks.

KR,
Kristof

10 REPLIES 10

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

I have the same question for my customer (GRTGaz).

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,

JLL

kurt_aigner
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro
Hi Kristof,
Hi Jean-Louis,

You are right we added certified support webMethods 9.5 in Dynatrace 6.2.

Currently there are no plans to support additional webMethods versions with the upcoming release.

I have two questions about your request:

• What's the timeline for the upgrade to webMethods 6.7?
  • Did you try to instrument the ESB?

Thanks,

Kurt

Kurt, where are we currently JAN 2018, with Software AG webMethods and the ESB support. I am getting a lot of flak from the developers that the OneAgent is not finding the services they need monitored.

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

My request concerns a new deal. It's for a POC .

We have planned do this POC in november. I hope that webmethods 9.7 could be instrumented by Dynatarce App Mon....

Regards.

JLL

anders_lundin3
Inactive

I have a prospect asking about webmethods 9.7 support aswell, but only 9.5 is in the release notes. Jean-Louis, did you try it?

lawrence_ly_ose
Newcomer

Hi guys,

We have the same problem.

We have at the very least figured out how to get the agent working with Webmethods 9.7 but purepaths is not being represented properly.

When will Dynatrace support Webmethods 9.7?

Matt_Bernard
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Gents,

I have a customer which have the same need and met the same issue, PP has not stitched properly, in release 6.3 while WebMethods support remains limited to 9.5 even in release 6.5.

lawrence_ly_ose
Newcomer

Hi guys,

Local(Japan) Dynatrace representative advised that Webmethods 9.7 won't be supported till the next major version update which is Dynatrace 7.0, which we don't know when it will be released.

It is a bit perplexing, as Webmethods 9.7 was release a while back.

So for now we just have to live with the broken purepaths.

We are testing this with SoftwareAG vendor to see if there is something that can be done at the webmethods level. Will update if anything progresses.

raphael_ms
Guide

Do you have any latest status regarding AppMon support for webMethods 9.x? Especially interested in the component Universal Messaging. IntegrationServer works, but is there a sensor pack or any experiences regarding Universal Messaging? Thanks for your help @Kristof R. @Kurt A.

Hello @Raphael M.

This is supported in the AppMon 2018 April.

WebMethods Broker & Integration Server9/9.5 - 9.10Certified

Review the below link for more insight.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/installation/system-requirements-2018-april/#anchor_os

Regards,

Babar