cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

TIBCO BW Agent Instrumentation on DynaTrace

katlegok
Guide

Hi All,

I want to find out how to instrument TIBCO BW using the same method as you would for the java agents or web server agents by extending the parameters by the start-up, I would like to have a view of the library and also the classes on TIBCO BW.

Are the sensors the only way to monitorTIBCO BW?

7 REPLIES 7

asad_ali
Advisor

If you are looking to get in-depth information about TIBCO BW like method calls, you have to use the sensors in Dynatrace. You can download the fastpack from the community site that has all the relevant methods for TIBCO BW. To instrument TIBCO BW, update your .tra file and inject the agent.

However, if you are looking for only metrics data from TIBCO BW, you can use the TIBCO plugin to retrieve this data without instrumenting the TIBCO BW.

katlegok
Guide

Thanks @Asad Ali

Please can you send me a link on how to do this so as there are multiple .tra files that I am seeing on my end, this would be of great assistance on my end so I can assist the team on this.

Kind Regards

Katlego

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi @Katlego Kau, as far as I know, the bwengine.tra file is the one you're looking for.

If you have multiple, it means you have multiple BW projects and you'll have to edit each one separately, as far as I'm aware.

Please remember to let us know if you get this to work and what you did, as it helps others facing similar issues in future.

katlegok
Guide

Thanks @Andre Van der Veen,

Correct me if I am wrong, I will be extending the java.extended.properties variable?

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Yes @Katlego Kau that's correct.

xavier_delhoume
Newcomer

Our command line in the .tra file is :

java.extended.properties -agentpath:_path_to_that_lib_file_/libdtagent.so=name=_agent_name_,server=_dynatrace_server_:_port_,transformationmaxavgwait=60

It's working fine for us.

lesterh
Inactive

Hi,I have instrumented a tibco bw application but are not seeing the bwservlet class being instrumented.Sensor are active and start new purepaths.Purepaths only shows messaging and method calls.thanks