cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag visit with username if it's BASE64 encoded

Stiuzz
Participant

Hello all,

I would like to know if there's a way in dynatrace to decode a BASE64 string, as the username is passed in the request header encoded in BASE64.

Regards

Stefano

P.S.

I'm verifying as well is the username is written il clear text somewhere in the server side.

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Stefano

Unfortunatley we cant really convert the Base64 encoded value. You could try capturing that value not in the HTTP Header but when it gets passed to a method as a method argument. I assume the username will be passed to a method for e.g: authentication. You could then create a custom sensor and capture that method argument. then use that method argument for your visit tagging

Andi

vaughan_westray
Newcomer

Any chance this has been added as a feature or possiblity since 2015?

Have the same requirement, just that past the header i cannot find a method using the username in clear text.

Need the Authentication header base 64 decoded "on the fly" to tag in the visit name.

Stiuzz
Participant

Sarò assente fino al 2 Maggio 2017. Per questioni urgenti si prega di contattare i seguenti indirizzi e-mail:

EMC-Tools&Automation@eng.it; laura.borghesan@eng.it

I will be out of office until May 2nd. For urgent questions contact the following mail address:

EMC-Tools&Automation@eng.it; laura.borghesan@eng.it

Saluti