cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Test authentication with URL monitor

Hi,

I'm trying to use the URL monitor (Dynatrace APM 6.3) to check a form authentication. I post data to a "j_security_check" url but it doesn't work : the expected content is not matched (302 not followed ?). Any idea ?

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

4 REPLIES 4

kayan_hales
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Can you post a screenshot of your base config and the error you get? Is it authenticating over SSL, and if yes did you check that box?

Hi,

The config is very simple. I post data (j_username & j_password) to a j_security_check uri (jaas authentication). The response code of the page is 302. With a browser, i'm redirected to the welcome page, but the monitor stops after the 302. I think this behaviour is "normal" since the "max.redirects" settings "has no effect if the method POST is used.".

I started implementing a new monitor, but an enhancement of the current one would be nice (post data to the authentication uri, follow the 302 and then verify content on the next page) 😉

JP

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The URL Monitor is really just monitoring a single URL without having a lot of logic on e.g: following redirects. We have another plugin which is a bit more "sophisticated". It hasnt been updated in a while though so I am not 100% sure if it still works with the latest Dynatrace AppMon Release. It is the Web Transaction Monitor Plugin. This allows you to specify a full "web script". Give it a try

Andi

Hi Andi,
how to check URL Availability of web request or webservice in the application.
How to use those metrics like "Host Reachable " etc...when we will get an alert that this particular is unavailable etc...How to keep thresholds for this