cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The agent installed in Linux containing Tomcat is not reflecting in agent overview

praveena_patha1
Organizer

Hi Team,

We have an application installed in Linux and running on Tomcat.
So for installing the dynatrace agent we have
1) first issued the command "java -jar dynatrace-agent-6.3.0.1305-unix.jar"
2) then added "-agentpath:/../dynatrace/dynatrace-6.3/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name=agent_installed_server_name,collector=server_name" this in setenv.sh
3) Then restarted the tomcat(7.0) which resulted in successful restart but the agent is not appearing in agent overview.

Thanks
Praveena

5 REPLIES 5

juan_garcia
Newcomer

Praveena,

You may want to check your parameter list as I think your named parameter "collector=server_name" may be incorrect.

We run an Tomcat also and our parameter list is as follows:

-agentpath:/opt/jboss-crs5/dynatrace-7.1/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name=<agentGroupName>,server=<DynatraceCollector.FQN>:9998

EX:

-agentpath:/opt/jboss-crs5/dynatrace-7.1/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name=ProductAgentGroup,server=DTCollector.mycompany.com:9998

We also supplied the entire path to the Dynatrace library rather than a relative path.

I hope this helps.

Yes I have provided the dynatrace collector including port in the place of server_name. But still it is not working.

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Mandatory note that 6.3 is not supported anymore and you should look at updating to our May 2018 release as well.

Thanks Kyle.

We have upgraded our Dynatrace version to 7.1, but we have installed agent of 6.3 which is even supported to the 7.1 version server.

Anyways we have tried with the agent version of 7.1, but still it is not working.

Can you please tell us the way we are installing the agent for Tomcat is correct or not?

praveena_patha1
Organizer

Can anyone answer to this? @Babar Q. @James K.