cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is any way to limit java maximum memory limit (java heap) in Thick client?

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Hi,

dynatrace thick client is consuming high memory utilization where we installed dynatrace client. is it possible to limit the memory size?

Regards,

Suraj Gupta

8 REPLIES 8

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Suraj,

Maximum heap memory: Specify the maximum amount of memory the AppMon Client uses. Restart the AppMon Client for settings changes to take effect. The maximum heap memory for an AppMon Webstart Client cannot be adjusted because of security restrictions for the Oracle Java runtime environment.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/admin...

Regards,

Babar

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Hi Babar, thanks for replying.

Now tested this setting with my local dynatrace client but it seems taking more heap then the allocated memory.

Attached snapshot, you can see i have allocated only 300 mb but not sure why its taking 501MB.

Regards,

Suraj Gupta

Hello Suraj,

Keep in mind that the memory requirements: 512MB minimum, 1GB recommended.

Have a look on the below documentation.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/installation/set-up-the-appmon-client/

Regards,

Babar

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Hi Babar, this heap size(512MB) is for single user or it will accommodate all the user who are accessing the dynatrace client from the same server.

Regards,
Suraj Gupta

Hello Suraj,

Dynatrace Client install on the desktop to access the Dynatrce Server, therefore, there will be only one user to login at a time and use the Dynatrace Client.

I would encourage you to use the Web UI instead of thick client especially if there are no multiple administrators working in your environment.

Regards,

Babar

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Hi Babar,

Apologies for the confusion, we have installed thick client on jumphost server, Multiple users use to access dynatrace server at the same time using this jumphost.

And this heap size is around 800MB for single user, its get multiply when multiple users connected using the same jumphost and this cause the jumphost short of memory.

"this heap size(512MB) is for single user or it will accommodate all the user who are accessing the dynatrace client from the same server." i believe this setting is only for the single user. can you please confirm.

Regards,

Suraj Gupta

Hello Suraj,

In this scenario the heap size should be for the each respected user.

Regards,

Babar

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Hi Babar,

You mean, 512MB X number of users.

Regards,

Suraj Gupta