cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Threshold Violations Count - No Host Performance measures?

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to create Threshold Violations count measure for Host monitoring measures. Here’s the
scenario I'm referring to:

So, first
step I create a measure.

Then I
select the Threshold Violation count measure and I select the Source Measure to
be evaluated (in this case I'd like to count the CPU Total time threshold violations):

Then I try
to search for the CPU metrics and ,as you can see from the screenshot below, I can’t select none (even if I’ve
already created a custom CPU measure for that):

So I click
on create measure and I try again…

Everything
seems to be fine now….BUT when I search for the same measure I’ve just created…

I't just not there. None of the Host Performance measures are visible…:

Any idea
why? I guess it's not possible to create such violation measure for Host Performance measures. In that case, if you confirm it, I'll open an RFE, I'd find it really valuable.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ciao, Raff

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Raffaele,

Same here, the threshold violation measure does't allow me to select a host measure as source measure input.

Regards

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I don't think I was even aware of this measure previously but if it isn't working for host measures it probably is the case that it was only created with PurePath measure thresholds in mind. I would definitely like to be able to do something like this for host measures as well.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I don't think I was even aware of this measure previously but if it isn't working for host measures it probably is the case that it was only created with PurePath measure thresholds in mind. I would definitely like to be able to do something like this for host measures as well.