cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threshold line vs shadowed area

tande27
Contributor

I noticed that some of the "out of the box" dashboards show the threshold as a dotted or solid line.  I cannot figure out how to do so in my charts.  I can display the threshold as a solid area covering everything above the threshold, but the line style is less distracting and more simple.  Is there a setting or something that I'm missing?

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The Charts on the Application Overivew (containing the baseline charts) are a little bit different to the Chart Dashlet you can put on a dashboard.

There is no setting that I am aware of to change the way we display the threshold in a regular chart dashlet. But - could you do me the favor and post a screenshot of one of the OOTB Dashboards where you like the way we visulize the threshold. I can then talk to engineering and see if there is anything we can do

roman_spitzbart
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Todd,

It depends on the type of chart you use. If you have a line chart we will show the thresholds as shaded area - switch the chart to area chart and the thresholds will be shown as dotted lines. Also clustered and stacked bar charts will get you the dotted line threshold.

Best, Roman