cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Tip for auto instrumenting a Mobile ADK

antonio_villar1
Participant

Hi,

The following step was necessary for me when I recently had to auto instrument a mobile app:

Had to specify parameter cpwrUEM_startup.sApplId (v. 6.3 or DTXApplicationID in v.6.5 which is commented by default) in the properties file to a name that match an application name created in a system profile with uem activated. To create the application name run the app with a device/emulator, wait like 5 minutes, and then go to the application section in the system profile and look if there is something in the "Applications defined by ADK". Try those names.

Also, I specified the cpwrUEM_logging.level=debug, which shows diagnostic messages when running the instrument.[sh|cmd] script and when running the app. This debug option is very useful when running the app inside an emulator, for example Android studio emulator, because you can see lots of messages with the command: adb logcat (look for lines with string uem). For example, I had an error with the cpwrUEM_startup.agentPath parameter because the character "/" was at the end (something like http://xxx.xxx.xxx/, which is wrong).

So, after you modify the properties file, rerun the scrpt, install the apk and try again.

Have fun.

Antonio V.

4 REPLIES 4

mohit
Inactive

Hi Sir,

Please suggest :

First I downloaded apk then , intrumented with 6.5.22 ADK

in instrument properties file i added the url and gps location set true.

what to add in Application ID?

after instrumentation from dist folder i took final apk and uploaded it on google but finger key error is coming. Please help .

Also attached all the files for your ref.

Also let me know is their any thing to add in System Profile--> Application defined by ADK.

also suggest the steps if possible ,,..as we have to upload the app in Google play apk-upload-issue.png

Please help in finding my Mistakes.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Mohit,

Application ID is basically the exact name of your mobile application. Below are the basic settings for the instrumentation.

• You must uncomment and
    change the cpwrUEM_startup.sApplId=XYZ
  • You must change the cpwrUEM_startup.agentPath=https://yourapplication.com
    • Define your SSL settings if applicable. You may use any certificate or define# your keystore and password. If SSL is used, be sure to specify https in the# agentPath property above.# bksFileName: the file name only - no extension. For example, "mykeystore" in# res/raw/mykeystore.bks
  • You must uncomment and make
    the similar cpwrUEM_startup.useAnyCert=true
  • You must uncomment the cpwrUEM_action.sendEmptyAutoAction=true
  • You must uncomment the cpwrUEM_logging.level=debug
    and then save the file.

Regards,

Babar

mohit
Inactive

Dear @Babar Q:

After instrumentation which apk we have to store on google play .signed or Final?

Also if my Profile name is Mobile in App Mon then what will be the DTXapplication ID.

as when client is uploading the instrumented App(Final one from dist folder).

it through the above error as attached.

Also find the snapshot of files/Folder.

apk.pngapk-upload-issue.png

Please help me in resolving this issue as Client wants to upload it today .

Hello Mohit,

Profile name can be anything but in the DTXapplication ID use the actual mobile application name.

If you want to use the certificate then Sign the instrumented APK <pathToYourApk>/<nameOfAPK>/dist/<nameOfAPK>.apk with your debug or Google playstore certificate, or use the<pathToYourApk>/<nameOfAPK>/dist/<nameOfAPK>-final.apk APK, which is signed with the auto-instrumentor debug certificate.

Did you re-instrumented the application the way I mentioned in my first comments and then try?

Regards,

Babar