cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Total revenue with multiple currencies

bruce_garner
Participant

Hi,

Any thoughts on how to display a total revenue when transactions are in multiple currencies?

I'm capturing the currency code and the value but wanting to display an total revenue in a single currency amount - even if this is an approximate value. I was hoping to be able to add something that captures the source currency and then a calculation option to add the approximate company currency, in our case GBP which I could then use on a chart. We'd updated the conversion rates monthly or something.

Bruce

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Bruce,

I can't think of a way to do this in AppMon itself. You can however export the data and do your conversions that way.

Hope this helps,

Dan

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

AppMon has no way of knowing what currency is used nor that it even is a currency, all it sees is that it is capturing a number and possible a string as the currency code. Additionally at the moment as Dan says there are very very limited options for any type of calculations at all so something like this would not be possible at the moment.

There's a number of Ideas/RFEs out there related to being able to perform such calculations, here is one such:https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/131036/a-featur...

And of course plugins are always an option (although not always a simple one). You could perhaps have a plugin monitor that queries a dashboard that captures the currency as-is, perform some manipulation of it as defined by the exchange rate, and then return it as a measure to the monitor.

James