cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Trace sql statements inside a stored procedure o package with Agente Oracle Dynatrace 6.5

rguerrero
Inactive

Hello everyone,

Pls your help with the following item:

Can I have visibility of the stored procedure or package execution time?
(For example: Queries, Cursors, functions that are executed inside the procedure or oracle package) with the agent of Oracle Dynatrace 6.5 with the Show SQL Execution Plan or through another form.

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Roberto,

There is a similar but an old post, below answered by @Andreas G.

"dynaTrace is NOT able to see into the stored procedure as this is code executed on your Oracle Database. We see the SQL Statements being executed through JDBC. If you want to analyze the inner-workings of your stored procedure you need to use Oracle specific tools"

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/92782/trac...

The following limitations apply for SQL Execution Plan:

• Not supported for stored procedures. Statements that start with call, exec, {call or {exec should have the Show SQL Execution Plan option disabled.
  • If the DB cache has been cleared, prior execution plans are not available.
  • Not supported for the Oracle Database setting cursor_sharing set to force
  • In order to request an execution plan the user must have the DB permission to view SQL statements and the Dynatrace one (Settings menu > Dynatrace Server... > Settings item > Confidential Strings horizontal tab) to view confidential strings.

Regards,

Babar

rguerrero
Inactive

Hola Babar,

Thank you very much for your answer.

That post I had seen before but it only refers to the java agent (by JDBC) and , I mean having visibility of the consumption of SQL objects through the Oracle 6.5 agent for my oracle database. In the attached image in Slow Querys

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Roberto,

I checked the documents of database agent but did not find the requested information from you regarding look into the stored procedure. Following is the description of database monitoring:

• The database monitoring is available on the DB instance level, giving insights into DBMS health, request frequency, execution plans and CPU and disk, comparable to the infrastructure overview of hosts and processes.
  • This complements the fully integrated, application-related capturing of connection pool usage, SQL statements and transaction response time contribution,... that has been available for each and every DB call for a long time via JDBC, ADO.Net and PHP DB sensors in Java, .Net and PHP Agents respectively.

Might be someone from development team can give us better understanding or the limitations similar to SQL Execution Plan.

Regards,

Babar