cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic light configuration

praveena_patha1
Organizer

Hi Team,

We have a measure in a dashboard which captures the count of URLs that took more than 10 sec of time. Now I need to make use of traffic light, if the count exceeds more than 50 then it should turn red otherwise it should be in green. Can you please tell me how to do that configuration?

Thanks

Praveena

9 REPLIES 9

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Praveena,

You should simply set an upper severe threshold of 50 on the measure, and then chart it as a traffic light. I usually chart is as a line and as a traffic light so I can see the trend using the line chart and the current status using the traffic light.

HTH,

dave

Thanks Dave. I have kept the measure threshold as 50 and even the count i sgreater than 50 it is not turning to red. Can you please say why?

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Praveena,

What aggregation are you using in your traffic light chart? I usually use the line chart to visualize when the measure exceeds the threshold and this helps troubleshoot issues, which usually involve the aggregation used.

HTH,

dave

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Praveena,

What aggregation are you using in your traffic light chart? I usually use the line chart to visualize when the measure exceeds the threshold and this helps troubleshoot issues, which usually involve the aggregation used.

HTH,

dave

I have added one business transaction to the chart and now wanted to see the traffic light chart for that business transaction as red in colour if ie exceeds 50 coun and as green if it is below 50. For this what should I do?

Did you put a threshold on the count result measure of the BT?

The measures in that BT is built in such a way that it will return certain URLs that exceed 10 seconds of time. There how can I add the count should be greater than 50? @Babar Q. @Dave M.

Find the BT results measures in your System Profile. If there is a response time count measure already present for your BT, you can add a threshold to it and use it for your traffic light. If there is not a count measure present, you should add it as a results measure on the BT and then use it for your traffic light.

In BT -> Calculate Result section, add custom measure as "count - URL" and add it in Traffic Light chart.