cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM: Calculating bandwidth. What does that provide?

dave_deleo
Inactive

We have a situation where it looks like turning off the UEM calculating bandwidth feature solves an issue that UEM was causing for the application. I would like to know though if we turn it off what would we be losing in UEM benefits from a client display perspective, as well as is the value of this calculation used in other calculation on the browser and or server side?

Thanks,

David

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This is determined by passing several image files back and forth between the client and server to estimate the connection speed as an FYI if you were not aware. This will show up in places like the visits dashboard where you'll be able to see an estimate of the connection speed per visit which can also be used for things like business transactions where you can split by connection speed to potentially see things like how quickly/slowly your pages are loading for people in each group. Additionally, this calculation will be taken into account when marking actions/visits as satisfied, tolerating, or frustrated as it will allow for higher response times before marking visits as tolerating or frustrated under the assumption that users with very slow speed connections will be used to longer load times and thus will be more tolerating of longer load times as opposed to users with high speed connections.

Also I would say if you believe this is causing an issue in the application please consider checking with support as I'm sure they would be interested in resolving this.

James

dave_deleo
Inactive

Thanks very much James. Yes we are in the process of taking it up with support. However, I recall this happening on another application a few years ago, its rare as we have 100's of applications. They really did not have a solution so we simply turned off that switch as a work around. I wanted to better understand that work around this time to make sure that it does not affect calculations further into the correlation. But from your great explanation I can see that it would not. Makes sense the way you put it. Thank you!

David