cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

UEM Firewall aspects when upgrading to AppMon 7

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi ,

Customer upgrade his AppMon server from version 6.5 to version 7 and UEM stoped working.

With the UEM health check we have found that the Firewall was blocking the version 7 JS agent because the name of it has changed a bit and it didn't mach the regex (actually reaping off the content) so we change the version of the JS inject to the HTML to 6.5 which helps and we where able to see the content of the JS with in the response but now the dynaTraceMonitor was blocked because it used new parameters that the Firewall was blocking.

Since the Firewall guys didn't want to change their rules to allow all parameters (*) to get in, only rollback to the previous 6.5 installation solved the problem.

The question is now from customer side is if there a list of all parameters that need to be "open" with in the Firewall definitions beside the information here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/user-... ?

Thanks in advance

Yos @Gil G. @Daniel B.

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace primer partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
5 REPLIES 5

thomasK
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Yos,

these rules seem a bit extreme to me, but I understand of course your position and forwarded your input.

I also added the UEM health check to the migration guide final checks page so that others quickly find if they have similar problems.

Best regards,

Thomas

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Thanks Thomas!

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace primer partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi Thomas,

Do we need to open a ticket on that?

Yos

Hi Yos,

I haven't heard back yet myself. Yes, please open a ticket.

Best regards, Thomas

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi Thomas,

Opened - https://support.dynatrace.com/supportportal/browse/SUPDT-38926

Thanks

Yos