cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

UEM- How to exclude internal domains call from thirdparty

aftab_alam
Organizer

7 REPLIES 7

aftab_alam
Organizer

we have a html app hosted on one server. This gets downloaded on POS devices. From POS devices, it calls in-house REST APIs .

We have enable UEM on server which has html app and pointed dynatrace monitor to this servers.

Now we are able to see html/css/js download time but we do not  see REST APIs as part of visit?
What could be the reason?

Should we enable UEM in restAPI server as well?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi. I am not sure I fully understand the question. Do you say that YOU DO or YOU DO NOT see these REST calls as part of the visit?

aftab_alam
Organizer

Hi Andi,

I do not see rest calls as part of visit. Need help to make it work. It will be big step for us to start measuring performance from our store terminals

aftab_alam
Organizer

Hi Guys,

any suggestion to make this work?

Have you tried modifying the UEM sensor to capture generic XHR calls or adding additional JS frameworks?

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

aftab_alam
Organizer

Hi Reinhard

I am capturing following contents

My html app  and REST APIs are hosted  in different JVMs. JVMs are behind two different bigIP as well.

UEM is considering REST API url as third party.

I tried changing dynatraceMonitor URL to REST API JVMs but it did not help.

if I uncheck "Thirdparty connent summary Information" or add perfmms in" ignore" domain, I do not see perfmms call as expected.

I am not sure why perfmms url is treated as thirdparty and how to avoid this

aftab_alam
Organizer

we got this resolved by adding adding atagentapi.js in html page.

-          Copy the dtagentApi.js to the corresponding javascript file location.

-          Include the path of the dtagentApi.js in the corresponding html file.

browser started sending dtCookies as query parameter. Now we can see REST calls from browsers 

http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdynaTraceMonitor?dtCookie=4600B19460ADD6DA4C6FA2CB7709DD63%7CMMS%7...