cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM Tag Visit - The value does not appear always

fernando_albuqu
Organizer

Hello everyone,

The UEM Visit tag is set based on a measure based on a request parameter. This measure always has the value. However, the tag visit the value does not appear always, even in identical scenarios.

Note that in the particular application, there are usually 3 or more purepaths login (do not ask me why: p), and only 1 (not necessarily the first) containing the value of the request parameter used in the measure  above. With this scenario, the tag visit the value does not appear always, even in identical scenarios (regex ok and existing request parameter). The measure  is configured to treat all occurrences in purepaths.

For me, the measure  used in the Visit Tag is ok. The question is whether the tag visit only brings the first value that is (even if the measure  treat all) and this can be changed? Or any idea to fix that.

Thank you all.

Sincerely,
Fernando Lewandowski Albuquerque.

Brazil / Blumenau / SC.

12 REPLIES 12

graeme_william1
Inactive

Fernando,

You want to make sure that the measure fails – not just returns an empty string – when the tag value does not appear.  Does the request parameter sometimes have the right value and sometimes it appears with an empty value?

One way to make sure that the measure never returns an empty string is to include (.+) in the transformation regex instead of (.*).

-- Graeme

fernando_albuqu
Organizer
 Hi Graeme,

The request parameter is always ok, when it exists and when there is not (only looking at the metric). I'm making use of regex (\d{3})\.?(\d{3})\.?(\d{3})-?(\d{2}).

In the Visit tags, which I believe to be a point to note, it is the fact that at the same visit, be more a call to PurePath login (application feature), but with only 1 call containing the request parameter. Whenever there is the value of this request parameter value is captured by the metric, but is not associated with Visit tags.

In short, the metric capture the value in a purepaths associated with the business, but this value does not appear at Visit tag.

Thanks,
Fernando.

fernando_albuqu
Organizer

Still, at times it appears and not in others, with similar picture.

graeme_william1
Inactive

Fernando,

Can you attach a session file with a visit that contains a login but has not been tagged?

-- Graeme

fernando_albuqu
Organizer

I would like, but the client does not.

fernando_albuqu
Organizer

I put two screenshots to illustrate the scenario. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2d5cdyavu8mwiz/tag_visit_help.pdf?dl=0

graeme_william1
Inactive

Fernando,

It sounds like what you're saying is that the login PurePath that contains the user id doesn't appear in the visit.  Is that correct?  If this is the problem, you may need to configure UEM for whatever JavaScript framework(s) the customer is using, such as jQuery.

Or is the problem that the PurePath is included in the visit but the visit is not tagged?  If this is the problem, could you add a screenshot of the measure to the dropbox?

-- Graeme

fernando_albuqu
Organizer

Hi Graeme,

Sorry for the delay.

PurePath is included in the visit, but it is not tagged. In fact, some are and some do not.

The configuration of the measure is shared at dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyu96xreb1zbhmd/measure.png?dl=0

Thanks,
Fernando.

graeme_william1
Inactive

Fernando,

The measure is checking a web request parameter, but in the PurePath you're showing us a method call with the user name.  Could you check that the user name actually appears as a request parameter?

You can do this by right-clicking on the 1st or 4th entries in the PurePath tree (depending on whether your PurePath starts in the web server or the application process) and opening up Details.  While you're looking at the details, check that the query string matches what you put in the measure.

-- Graeme

fernando_albuqu
Organizer

Hi Graeme,

Sorry for the confusion is that we were monitoring the value at method also for testing, but now the tag visit is based on the metric of the request parameter.

The measure captures the value but a visit is not tagged. I shared the image https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix4ck7qcehnr1tq/username_request_parameter.png?dl=0

Thanks,
Fernando.

graeme_william1
Inactive

Fernando,

It's a bit hard to see because you've blanked out some of the fields, but it looks like the query string in the PurePath doesn't match the query string in the measure.

Could you check that, please?

-- Graeme

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi @Fernando Lewandowsky Albuquerque,

Any updates on this post?

Thanks, Raffaele