cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM User Action Purepath

skung
Organizer

Doc1.docx Attach screen print of UEM page load user action purepath - just curious why some web requests grey color and few were highlight?

16 REPLIES 16

HannahM
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Can you export the User Action PurePath and attach it so we can have a look? You can select 'Remove confidential strings from Session' if you have any concerns for the content

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I also forwarded this question to engineering - trying to hear what they have to say about this. But - sending a PurePath as Hannah suggested would defnitely help

Thanks

clemens_fuchs
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hard to tell from the screenshot.
How did you open the User Action PurePaths dashlet? via DrillDown? is any filter set? 

thx,
Clemens

skung
Organizer

it was DrillDown from visit. I did not save the action purepath. I quick opened some action pp and did not see it.

Without a session it is just guess work as I have not seen this before. However, for PurePaths, grayed out methods are those that were found using autosensors. If you Right-click and select details it provides that information. I suspect similar information would be provided if you right-click and select details on the User Action PurePath method. Not necessarily that it is from an autosensor but would explain where it is from.

Hi, I also noticed V6 visit dashlet - showing web request in the lower screen of User Action. I have not been able to find article in document. Where these web request seperate from the user action purepath? or just another available view?

Visit dashlet.docx

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Sharyl

These grey "Web Request Nodes" are what we called "Orphaned Web Requests". These are Web Requests that were executed by that Visit but could not be assigned to a User Action. Why couldnt they be assigned? Well - there could be multiple reasons for it

a) These are web requests executed by a background JavaScript activity to e.g: pull down information from a server periodically. In this case we do not have a User Action that actively triggered this

b) you are using a JavaScript Framework that we do not support out-of-the-box. Therefore we didnt detect the User Action.

so - this is a new feature that we recently introduced. Its great to see all Web Requests by Visit - even those not assigned with a User Action.

It seems to be not well documented as you said - there is one reference though on the following doc page: Visits

Andi

Hi Andi,

I found the same web requests will be orphaned in some visits but not in others, what can the reason be? A example can be found here Orphaned web request.dts, you can see that 'purchase/complete' is assigned with a load action in one visit, but orphaned in the other.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi. I had a look at your "Orphaned Web Requests" session. It seems that the orphaned requests are those that are static resource downloads triggered by CSS files such as https://www.globalshop.com.au/products/DependencyHandler.axd/86b8c182a9a2130a7f2fc805db4e91c9/101186...

Dynatrace is able to "link" static downloads such as images, js and css files based on the the Refer and our Cookies. Static resources that are referenced in a CSS file and then downloaded by the browser are not yet handled in the same way. I just double checked that with engineering and they suggest to create an RFE for this. I just did. Please vote this up: RFE - Assign Static Requests from CSS files to correct User Action

Hi Andi,

Are 'Orphanedd Web Requests' considered when calculate conversion, we happen to rely on the 'purchase/complete' request as conversion goal, which was orphaned sometimes, it seems that dt ignores it when evaluate whether the visit is converted or not, as a result, the conversion reported by dt doesn't match with the customer's order system. 

Hi Andi,

I just realized that the 'orphaned web request' that i wanted you to look at is 'purchase/complete' rather than those static resource downloads, i exported two visits to the above session for comparison, both visits triggered 'purchase/complete', however, it's attached to user action "Loading of purchase/complete'" in one visit but orphaned in the other.

Can you double check this and advise if this can be fixed?

Thanks,

Xiaoping

sean_mcconville
Organizer

Hello, Is anyone aware of a way to chart the amount of orphaned web requests occurring?

I was looking at linked and unlinked web requests. But I think orphaned requests and user action requests are all counted as "linked requests"

Hi, no there is no way to chart the number of orphaned web requests. linked/unlinked web requests are correlation internal self-monitoring metrics.

Why is the orphaned web request count important for you?

thx,
Clemens

Thanks Clemens.

We have a particular issue in our application at the minute, where some javascript browser side is causing a huge amounts of page reloads in certain situations. These all show up as orphaned requests.

sorry, it's not possible. But it's a good use case and you could create a RFE for it.

martin1
Inactive

Hi,

I tried to open

RFE - Assign Static Requests from CSS files to correct User Action

but the link is no longer working.

Can you provide any update if the RFE is implemented yet?