cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

UEM User Actions not seen

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello team,

I have been triaging an issue with UEM, but I haven't been yet able to successfully resolve it. Here are the details:

I want to capture the user actions (click actions) of the users on my internal portal.

I have created a user action BT that filters on user actions containing the name "click on" and splits by the name of the user actions.

Here are the results:

Here is my UEM Config:

The “App Links” page contains a number of links
to other external applications. I want to get the number of clicks for those
applications

It seems like all those click counts are
incremented under the “App Links” count, as shown in the screenshot above.

Here's what the app links page looks like:

How can I accurately report the number of clicks within the app links page? What may I be missing?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Harshal.

4 REPLIES 4

Hey Harshal,

When you click the App Links page, is it actually making a web request, or just loading some ajax onto the same page? Maybe the "App Links" page isn't having the UEM script injected correctly and for that specific page requires its own UEM settings tab with a custom path.

- Jacob

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Jake,

I verified that the App links page has the UEM injected; here is a screenshot:

I believe the App links page is actually making a Web Request (based on the incremental counts of the App links page). Here is a screenshot of one of the links within the App Links page:

Thanks,

Harshal.

chase_hulderman
Inactive

@Harshal P. - Have you tried running through a session yourself where you click these links and then examining it directly within AppMon as well as with Developer Tools. You might be able to find something unique to catch. It doesn't seem like these links off of the page are being captured. That's the issue, correct?

From our discussion yesterday it actually sounds like the count for that "App Links" is much higher than expected so it may be using that in naming actions clicking the other links.