cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM for public website

tbala
Contributor

Hi,

we are planing on configuring UEM for website open to public.

Is this kind of configuration recommended? if yes, are there any configuration that needs special attention?

Thanks,

Thanes

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I'd say that's the most common use of UEM. No special configuration needs to be in place for that to work, you may want to review the User Experience settings and perhaps opt to exclude bots, spiders, and crawlers traffic but this is just to save on some visits. Apart from that I can't think of any configs that would be different from say an internal site.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/admin...

I'd just say to make sure you have an adequate number of visits with your license as that will likely be much higher than an internal site.

James

nj_njoku
Inactive

Also depending on how much traffic your website receives, you want to be sure that your webserver can handle the extra UEM traffic being sent to it unless you are using a beacon forwarder for your UEM data. If you have a heavily used site and your Webservers are barely holding up, I will advise you prepare for extra load on the webservers as normal traffic + UEM data will be sent. Like i said earlier, if you are using a beacon forwarder i.e. you configure a URL other than your webserver where UEM data should be sent, then this does not apply.

Hope This Helps

NJ

GOOD point. I've never used a dedicated web server for handling UEM traffic but that is the recommendation.

tbala
Contributor

Thanks both for your quick response.

cheers