cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

UEM - huge Elapsed time between last Web Request and OnLoad Event inside User Actions

Valerio_Fiori
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi team,

Analyzing some User Actions via the "User Action Purepath" dashlet, I noticed a huge jump in the Elapsed Time, between the last Web Request of the selected User Action, and the "onLoad handler executions", as you can see in the screenshot

Also it's not reported in the Navigation Details

For other User Actions, I get the same behaviour, but there it seems to be related to the "Processing" Navigation Details, but almost everywhere, there's always a big gap between the last request and the onLoad. Definitely it's Client related, as it's also confirmed by the Transaction Flow. I can export a session if you want to take a deeper look.

Environment info: Dynatrace 6.3.4. Tiers involved: Apache - PHP - NodeJs - Weblogic. The only framework active on those web pages should be JQuery (and yes, the UEM sensor related is active).

Why do you guys think the browser is taking so long to "complete" the action? What is it waiting for?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Valerio

1 REPLY 1

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Valerio,

I see the page creates a PDF file, could it be that? It can be sometimes slow to load a PDF in a browser. Also looking for that event and PDF on some forums, it seems like the event onLoad is sometimes not fired or lately fired in that case.

I would recommend investigating with the browser agent or the development toolbar in your browser (chrome timeline for example).

HTH,

Nic