cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

UEM javascript agent 6.5 contains ICA

Bert_VanderHeyd
Advisor

What does the "ICA" mean in the name of the javascript agent in AppMon 6.5?

Example:

dtagent_ICA23gjpqrtx_6000500061013.js

<script type="text/javascript"src="/app/dtagent_ICA23gjpqrtx_6000500061013.js" data-dtconfig="rid=RID_2119647591|rpid=-617631753|lab=1|tp=500,50,0,1|reportUrl=/app/dynaTraceMonitor|domain=mydomain|agentUri=/app/dtagent_ICA23gjpqrtx_6000500061013.js"></script>

But the download of /app/dtagent656_gjpqrtx_1013.js also works.
There is a difference in size however. The version with ICA in the name is about 80Kb while the version without ICA is 123Kb.

We need to know which script we should manually inject inside our Hybrid application.

Also the agentUri option in the data-dtconfig attribute is new in 6.5. I guess that is not required as it's exactly the same as the src attribute?

11 REPLIES 11

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Bert

The name of the dt.js file depends on the selected features and settings that you have specified in the System Profile under User Experience. Depending on things like "Support for jQuery" - the delivered javascript code slightly changes. In order to make that file name unique and better cachable we give the file a unique name depending on the settings. On top of my head I do not know what ICA23 stands for - but that can be figured out by playing with the settings and verifying the impact it has on the filename and size

Andi

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Bert,

Actually, this seems strange to me for a couple of reasons.

1. There are no capital letters noted in the documentation for 6.3 and the letter "c" does not appear in either case.

Feature hashes of the included modules:

• a: Action capturing
  • b: Bandwidth detection
  • 2: Third-party sending module ***
  • 3: Third-party content detection
  • d: Dojo support
  • e: ExtJS support *
  • g: AngularJS support
  • i: ICEfaces support
  • j: jQuery support
  • m: mooTools support
  • n: W3C Navigation Timings
  • o: Prototype support
  • p: Perceived Render Time
  • q: As of 6.2: Error detection
  • r: W3C Resource Timings
  • s: Streaming Media
  • t: Timed Action support *
  • v: ActiveXObject detection **
  • x: Basic XMLHttpRequest detection **
  • z: Gomez Page ID integration

2. The Feature hashes for 6.5 appear to no longer be mentioned in the documentation.

I hope this is a documentation error and not purposeful, as it will make troubleshooting harder, but I leave that to others to answer.

6.3 Documentation: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/vi...

6.5 Documentation: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/vi...

HTH,

dave

Bert_VanderHeyd
Advisor

I know about the feature hash, but it's only since the latest 6.5 fixpack and with the removal of the inline script (CSP issue) that I notice this ICA thing.

And there must be a difference since the resulting script has a different size. I think I will ask support.

Let me check with engineering

clemens_fuchs
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Bert,

the way the JavaScript agent is assembled was changed for 6.5 in order to support deferred loading. For compatibility reasons we had to introduce the JavaScript agent modules ICA when fixing the CSP issue. The letters stand for: I....init-config, C....init-code, A...async-core

When you request an agent without ICA, a fallback JS agent is sent because the web server agent does not have an agent prepared with this feature hash (because no UEM config specifies it).

hth,
Clemens

THANKS Clemens for the explanation!!

Bert_VanderHeyd
Advisor

So, for Hybrid applications, we should include the agent script with ICA in the name?

clemens_fuchs
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

yes, you must bundle the full agent.

Please use the REST API of the dynaTrace server to get the full JavaScript agent. The URL is like https://<SERVER-HOST>:8021/api-docs/current/index.html#!/System_Profiles/getJSInitCodeAndAgent

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know.

amitkumar
Inactive
@Bert Van der H.

It seems like you were able to Instrument the JScript succesfully ? I have posted a question on forum. Can you please provide some suggestions?

You can search the post with "New to UEM and curious to know what kind of Instrumentation can be done on Java Script"

amitkumar
Inactive
@Bert Van der H.

It seems like you were able to Instrument the JScript succesfully ? I have posted a question on forum. Can you please provide some suggestions?

You can search the post with "New to UEM and curious to know what kind of Instrumentation can be done on Java Script"