cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM measure "CDN busy time"

chengyao_zhu
Contributor

According to documentation, "CDN busy time" represents the duration of third party content during a user action. Is it different from measure "Third party content load time"? What's the difference?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I think that possibly is just a copy>paste mistake in the documentation. The 7.0 (May 2017) documentation uses that definition but the 6.5 documentation specifies CDN time is the duration of CDN content.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Basically it is saying the CDN time and third party content time is tracked in the same way it is just how those are marked in your user experience configuration which effects whether it is marked as one or the other. Many are classified by default by you can add to or modify these as mentioned in that documentation.

James

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I chatted with some people who work on the documentation and they are going to review those pages with the developers. I'll update once I hear back on if there are any mistakes.

In the meantime, please post if you see any difference between the doc you looked at yesterday and now regarding the confusion as it looks different to me yet I see no record of a change.

Here is what I saw the description and it hasn't been updated.

Yep, I asked them to take a look at it and hopefully they can update it or make it more clear.

chengyao_zhu
Contributor

Thanks James. I was reviewing CDN content load time and Third party content load time. Then I saw CDN busy time. If CDN busy time is for CDN content, is CDN busy time same as CDN content load time?

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

It's a bit confusing and they've made some changes in the measure recently so I'll try to explain as I understand it.

When you create a CDN content load time measure you specify what type of duration you want with the options you see below:

So busy time is one possible way of measuring the CDN content load time (when any resource from that domain was loading) and the alternatives are average, shortest, and longest load times of resources from that specific domain that is marked being a CDN.

On previous versions I believe busy time was broken out into it's own measure but the definitions should be the same.

The description for third party content load times will be identical except for domains that are not marked as being CDNs.

James