cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM real visit count for country of browser

claude_fink
Guide

Hello,

the visit count for country of browser are counting all visits, also those hitting the start page of our internet site, for example an availability check for that homepage. So the visits are not reflecting the real user counts; how can I accomplish that? Do I have to create a measure copy of visit count and include a greater 1 logic for counting?

Thanks for helping,

Claude

13 REPLIES 13

claude_fink
Guide

Bots, crawlers and spiders are already excluded in UEM settings !

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Claude,

Is that only single hit to check the availability or 2nd call also there?

As you aware that single count is not going to count as a visit and will be considered bounce.

If I understood wrong what you are asking, please correct.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

we have something like the "synthetic
monitoring" in place that checks the availability of our page, login in
with some steps and logout, but also some monitors that only ping the
availability of the page. As I mean are these all counting as visit but
in reality, these are not customer visits; what we aim to have is only
counting our customer visits.

You write single count is not going
to count as visit, does this mean that a simple pinging the page
(without logging into) is not counting? Hmmm, but I find lots of
countries in the statistics from which we do not have customers (we have
dedicated customers with IP restriction).

Thanks,

Claude

Hello Claude,

We also have 'Synthetic Monitoring' for our eChannel Applications to check the availability and there are maximum two 'User Actions' involved.

In the below screenshot we can see the 'IP Address' and the 'Region/County' names.

As well as I know, that 'Synthetic Visits' are not deducting from the 'UEM Visits Volume.

You can check in the visits those restricted IPs, if someone already not excluded from the 'User Experience'.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

deducting is not the problem and yes, pinging a page is not deducting UEM volume as far as I know. But we do not have synthetic monitoring from Dynatrace, so I cannot see any Gomez transactions. But even with your Gomez visits, how can you exclude these in a chart "country of visits" ?

Thanks,

Claude

Hello Claude,

Earlier I had this discussion on the forum and was end up only to exclude the IP Addresses.

Regards,

Babar

Many thanks Babar for your help.

Excluding IP addresses is not possible as those availability tests are coming from cities from around the world.

Regards,

Claude

Hello Claude,

You are Welcome.

How many IP Addresses you are expecting?

Even to exclude the 'Synthetic' we have to exclude 20~25 different IP Addresses.

Regards,

Babar

Many thanks for your help,but there are too many to exclude and there are new ones coming each month.

Regards,

Claude

Hi Claude,

Would it be possible to track visits where a login took place that was not a synthetic user login? Perhaps the synthetic user IDs follow a common pattern and if you extract the user ID from logins you can then tell if it is synthetic or not and use either a "real user login filter" or "not a synthetic user" filter for the visit. Also, if there is logic already in place, or perhaps it could be added, where the IPs are checked to determine if the customer IP is valid, then the boolean return value (converted to a 1 or 0 by the measure that extracts it) could be used as a filter. My thought is to let the application decide if the user is real/valid or not and then simply extract that knowledge into a measure and use it as a filter.

HTH,

dave

Hi Claude,

-----we have something like the "synthetic monitoring" in place that checks the availability of our page, login in with some steps and logout, but also some monitors that only ping the availability of the page------

Below are the understanding from your above comments:

I guess you have synthetic monitoring in your Environment which is not dynatrace product.

1)Availability of page check using monitors - not count as UEM as browser is not involved in it.

2) availability of our page, login in with some steps and logout - Count as UEM visit as its from diff vendor and deduct the UEM visit volume.If its a dynatrace product it has in built capability to not to count as Real user visit volume so it automatically consider as synthetic visit.

Just an idea to fetch the Real user count:

1) Say your synthetic transaction has 3 steps 1) Login 2) Click on "XXX" 3)Logout

2) So create one BT(synthetic users count) and in filter ->Click on + ->Create new measure for that "Login Web Request - Servlet/PageName or any other which suitable for your web request" -> add in Filter -> last as aggregation and logic "and" condition and do the same for other two.

3)In Calculate Result -> add "Visit Count" -> Calculate BT per "Visit"(enable this Radio button)

4)Splitting add Visit by User Experience Index and country/application.

Now restart your application for this BT to collect values.

login-bt.jpg

synthetic-count.jpg

Now create graph plot "Visit count" from real user section and "Visit Count" from the created BT as Area Graph we clearly get the picture of both of it!!

Now Real user "visit count" - created BT "visit count" = Actual User count of your application. As far i know, no clue "to stop deduct the UEM volume visit as its not a synthetic monitoring tool)".

Based on my understanding suggested this idea!! This may help!!

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

Many thanks Soorya for your help.

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Claude,

As Babar said, if you want these to be excluded from visits, the best way is to use the IP restriction. However, if you want to build a measure similar to the built in BT "Visits by Country" then you can create a custom version of the measure "Visits - Geo Information" and use the criteria to include/exclude certain continents, countries, or cities. Then, use that measure as a splitting in a Business Transaction: