cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM third party content load time by each host

chengyao_zhu
Contributor

Third party content loads pretty slow on our mobile site. I'd like to see the load time for each third party host so that I can identify the bad ones. In order to do it, I created the BT which has "Third party content load time" as the Calculate Results and use "last" for Aggregate method, and has Third party hotspot in the splittings. See attached. Is it correct way to do it?

thirdparty.png

The above BT gives me data from both desktop and mobile. If I want to see only mobile, how can I do it?

3 REPLIES 3

lawrence_cuneaz
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Hi Chengyao,

If you have not edited the out of the box measures that you used to make up the above business transaction then it will capture the last "Busy time" of Third Party Content providers with 500 ms or more of "Busy time" split by the name of the third party.

I recommend creating your own version of the "Third party content load time" measure and the "Page Actions - Third party hot spot measure" to capture third party content based on your own parameters. Using the "last" aggregation only captures the last time content is loaded from a third party on a PurePath so this would result in missing load time of content from the same third party earlier in the PurePath. I recommend using the "sum" aggregation.

Regards,

Lawrence

chengyao_zhu
Contributor

Experts, Any feedback on whether my approach is right?

pahofmann
Leader

You would want to use sum for the aggregation to get the sum of all third party time in the user action, not just the last third part time. But their is no direct need for an BT anyway, you could just check the transactionflow to see which site is consuming the most 3rd party time.